Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Gracie

Today is Gracie's 5th Birthday. She was born on Wednesday, August 27th at 1:39 am. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I have learned so much from Grace and still learning from her as she is learning from me.
Grace woke up this morning and came out of her room, really shy with a smile, and asked "Am I 5, now". You sure are. She kept reminding me that she is 5 and told everyone she saw that she is now 5 years old.
We started out the day, just relaxing at the house, due to all of us girls battling a nasty cold. Then Gracie and Izabelle had their check-ups with Dr. Ruff. He was pleased to see that the girls are growing right with their peers. We were caught off guard when he said that Izabelle had a double ear infection, I guess it wasn't the cold that was making her miserable. So, she is now on antibiotics. Dr. Ruff gave Grace a special birthday gift (a Princess note pad), she loves it. I am so glad that she really likes her doctor. When we ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she says, Ballernia and a Doctor, like Dr. Ruff because he helps little kids. Little does she know that she will be going to school for years to become a doctor. I will let her know that little secret later on.
From there we went to Wal-Mart and went to WC Preschool's Meet the Teacher night. I think she was a little disappointed that she didn't get the same teacher as last year, but I am sure she will enjoy her new teacher just the same.
We ended the night with her birthday gift, the new Little Mermaid Movie...

4 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

Happy B-day Gracie!!!

Jamie Truelove said...

Happy Birthday Gracie...looking forward to the slumber party! Can I stay all night too?? Just kidding.

Tera said...

Glad to hear your CT scan came back as nothing serious. Tell Grace Happy Belated Birthday from us!

Chelsa said...

i LOVE your new page... i'm jealous :)