Monday, March 9, 2009

100th Post, Potty Training, and Fashion Show

I can't believe that this is my 100th post:) Okay, well I guess it is actually my 98th post, there were some posts that I felt I couldn't post publically that are drafted and saved and I went through some others that were drafted that were not finished and deleted those, so I guess that doesn't make it 100 posts, Right??? Well, anyway I love blogging and sharing our stories and reading other bloggers' stories too.
Although, I don't have any major announcements like being pregnant, although sometimes I think that the girls need a little brother to pester them, I also think that Matt needs some testosterone in this house full of girls, maybe in the near future...Anyhoo, we were thinking/going to get a new dog, but Matt didn't see like it would be a good fit for us right now, so I think we are going to look around for a smaller type of dog that the girls wouldn't be afraid of.

Well on to the 2nd topic of the post...POTTY TRAINING! We have introduced the potty to Izabelle. She has used the potty a couple of times at our house and at the babysitters, so that is a good thing. We haven't totally committed to the whole Potty training schedule, yet. Izabelle does know when she has to do number 2...She does a little dance (not the one seen on the Pull ups commercial, but close) and yells "Potty, Potty, Potty" and off to the potty we go, most of the time we don't quite make it, but she gets the idea. The other day, I made the mistake of moving her potty to a different location within the girls' bathroom and I left Izabelle's diaper off and before we knew it she was in the bathroom moving her potty back to where it was and right when she was getting ready to turn around she peed on the floor. Poor girl:( She definitely is starting to know what to do. So, I am hoping the next day I am off, we will commit to Total Potty Training regiment and be potty trained.

Well, I will leave you with this photo of Izabelle when we first kind of used the potty, I really could not come up with a good caption (except for the one below), so if you want to leave a comment with one that would be great:)

Is this how you do it?

On Sunday Izabelle was invited to be in a fashion show (for Knickers and Petticoats) at the Baby Expo at the Hospital and when we got their a friend of ours saw that there was a dress that matched Gracie's dress she had on, so Grace and Izabelle walked out together in there matching dresses. To cute:) They did very well:) Watch out Miss America!!!:)

Walking the "Cat Walk":)

Little Models

For all those experienced moms out there, if you could help me out with this. Grace has been going through, I guess you can say a Stage, she has been saying she has been "Scared". She is scared of the dark, wants someone to lay with her, she is scared to go in another room to get a brush. Pretty much, if she doesn't want to do something she is or gets scared. I don't know if maybe she is realizing she is getting older and is no longer a "little" girl, but still wants to be a little girl. I don't know, so if you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Until Next Time...

God Bless

Jess

7 comments:

Lauren said...

no advice,

but I will pray for her.

Leah Robinson said...

I think it's a phase...but Hunter still has her moments....don't we all :)

Tera said...

Good luck with the potty training. Sounds like she's ready! It sounds like Grace is going through a new phase. Remind her that God is always with her. :)

**Kaycee Gingerich** said...

haha That pic is cracking me up...She looks so cute. I want a copy of that!

Chelsa said...

love all the pictures!

brycen says he is scared if he doesn't want to do something too. i don't know why. he could of just went in the other room, but if i tell him to do it then he'll say "i'm scared". i think he's more likely just stubborn like his momma :)

Jamie Truelove said...

not to be mean, but, don't baby her...it is just a phase and she does need to know that she is always safe with God and mommy and daddy, etc, etc...but don't give in and baby her too much...then, you create a monster:)

Jamie Truelove said...

really big night lights work wonders too!!