**I forgot to add that my Uncle is out of the hospital and recuperating at home, Praise the Lord...Thank you for praying along with me**
I heard something on the radio that caught my ear on Focus on the Family on my way to work the other day, so I took some time today to look it up. There is always and will always be controversy regarding abortion, but I don't think I ever heard it from the view point of a 12 year old. This amazing speech about abortion came from a 12 year old, who presented this to her class for a class project. I thought it was only give you some statistics or just say that abortion is wrong, but she goes into great detail, she truly did a tremendous amount of research and studied what she was going to say and how to present it.
At age 12, I don't think I ever thought about sex or pregnancy it wasn't ever discussed among our peers (truth of the matter, we were nervous just sitting by the boys), but NOW the crazy thing is that there are several 12 year olds (or other teens) out there, that are thinking about having sex (protected or unprotected) and probably decide to go for it just because some of their peers say “yes”, “it’s the cool thing to do” or better yet “this will show me that you love me”, then possibly get pregnant and chose to abort their unborn child, so seeing this 12 year girl taking a stand on abortion and delivering this speech, may help someone decide that the risk of doing something that they are truly not ready for, is not really worth it. That they will be able to talk to their parents or seek the Lord when facing all trials of life to ask for guidance, comfort, and security.
This speech is about 5 minutes along, so you may want to watch it at home or during breaktime for those that are at work.
Jess
1 comment:
That was awesome! Very well thought... thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment