My birthday started off pretty good...then after work I got the girls and headed to the polls!!! I waited for over an hour to vote (thanks to Matt's cousin Jamie for helping me with the girls). I do have to admit I didn't really know who to vote for. I was on the fence until the minute I went in...I know that is bad, but both of them in my mind were a toss up. There were somethings I didn't agree with regarding their policies they were putting up.
My decision was basically was on this...yes the President is a Big factor in America, but I had to realize that the whole Congress, House of Reprenstatives is the other Big factor. Even if the President promises us free ice cream for a year, the administration has to agree upon it too.
Anyway, when we were watching the Election news, I was holding Izabelle and talking to Matt (I know I am a great Multi-tasker), Izabelle decided to throw up all over me and the floor. I thought maybe it was all the candy at the Polls she ate, but after a few more minutes more came out...I know GROSS! So, I called our babysitter, to let her know that Izabelle was sick, so she could keep an eye out for her sons, she said that her youngest was doing the same thing...O'man...poor thing. So, I held Izabelle while she slept hoping that if I kept her with me she would be fine and after a few hours, she was fast asleep with no other episodes (she is back to her ole self).
Back to the Election...I watched the final moments before they announced that Obama won...I wasn't surprised (a little disappointed) that he won, but I was hoping that McCain would be alittle closer in the numbers than what it showed.
Although I might not agree with all of Obama's promises (policies), I still am an American, I still am free, I still have my rights, and I still love my country. And I will do my best to support our American President, as I have the last 8 years.
Because I know that there is a higher power that is with us, I trust in him, and I will never give him up.
God bless:)
Jess
1 comment:
I'm with you....I like some of Obama's ideas...I think he will make some positive changes, but I think McCain was more all-american, christian, etc...more like us. Anyway, it's over...we cannot change it...so, we just have faith that he will carry us to a better standard.
Post a Comment