Most of you know that I am the Dance Coach at my old high school. I am so excited for this season. This year we have about 14 amazing girls that signed up and I have so many ideas and songs that I don't know what to do with them. Having a larger number this year then the past years is going to be interesting because I can make more formations and different choregraphy. I love Dance and love my team. I know this year is going to ROCK!!!!
Going by the title of this post...I have always wanted to extend my dancing to teaching others...I even have a Dance Studio in my basement (unfortunately it is still unfinished...I am blaming it on Matt). Dance is my passion, to be able to express yourself through dancing and watching others do it, you are able to feel that expression is amazing.
Well, I was contacted a couple of months ago by lady that had two daughters that moved back to Indiana and they did Worship Dance. For those that don't know what Worship Dance is: expression of pressing into an ever deeper relationship with God, our Father.
I have never did this sort of thing and was a bit apprehensive. It ends up that the girls are doing a Christmas program for their church and they asked me to help. I was so honored, excited and scared. I knew that I wanted to do this, but I again was apprehensive on how to handle all of my other committments. I did a lot of praying to make the right decision/right direction and it just felt right.
We ended up meeting last week and I watched a DVD that she had brought of her girls' dance program and was in "Ah". I listened to the song that they wanted me to do which is by Casting Crowns titled East to West. The title is from Psalm 103:11-12...As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
I was very touched by the meaning. They lefted the CD with me and while the my girls were eating their snack, I turned on the song and was flooded with inspiration. So, yesterday they came over to see what I came up with and they liked it. I was so pleased because I didn't know if I was on the right track or not.
Now I am in full swing of making up a dance for the Dance Team and a Worship Dance (maybe 2). I am very excited!!! I wanted to just share this news and excitement.
I will keep you posted:)
Until Next Time...
P.S. I am even thinking about making one up for Grace to learn.
5 comments:
i would give just about anything to be able to dance again.. i miss it.. =[ we need to have an alumni night!!! lol.. me & cassie are totally game. ha.. i'll def come help ya when i'm home! & HOLY CRAP 14 girls.. where did they all come from. considering 2 years ago it was only me & cassie who cared at all! hope everything is going good. you better start whipping them girls into shape!
We have alot of freshman. 4 Seniors and about 5 sophomores. I am excited. The first dance is going to ROCK!!!
I think Worship dance is sooo cool. I love watching it and recently did something like that to "One Touch" by Nicole Mullen.
Blessings,
Lauren
i have never heard of worship dance, but it sounds amazing! God gave you your talant for a reason :) GO JESS! :)
Sounds amazing Jess! God sure has big plans for your talent!!!! Anytime you need an extra dancer at your house....just call Hunter...that girl's got some mad skilz!!! lol
Post a Comment